Launched in the summer of 2017 the AMG GT range is built in a hand crafted manner at Sindelfingen factory. Experienced professionals work on each car as a team of 10, bringing together each section of the car post paint, marrying it to each specific piece of AMG componentry. The Sindelfingen plant is the venue for the high performance AMG GT line.
Within that line the GT C Roadster sits atop the roadster line up, with both the GT and GT S being subordinate to the GT C. (Only the track focused, roll cage wearing AMG GT R available in coupe only, boasts better performance.)
The numbers for the GT C Roadster are: 557hp, 680nm torque available between 1,900-5,500rpm, 196mph top speed and 0-62mph 3.7sec. Now remember this is a roadster. It's obvious Mercedes choosing to build an AMG specific model line, the first since the AMG SLS has paid off.
This particular AMG GT C Roadster has the following important attributes to its name:
First registered in just September of last year, covered under 877 miles, one keeper from new and in as new condition. Finished in the optional Magnetite Black exterior and in Nappa black leather interior. The specification of this particular car is amazing. To those who know their cars and are familiar with the nuances of the build and spec sheets available today, it's a credit to its previous owner and AMG.
In many top of the line cars today the standard list of specifications can be a bit thin on the ground. Not here. AMG have equipped the GT C Roadster well above its S and GT brethren and vastly higher than its competitors. Allow us to provide a sample of what comes with this car:
- AMG rear axle steering
- AMG performance exhaust system, switchable twin tailpipe elements
- Rear electrically extendable aerofoil
- AMG bodystyling
- Active air control system, uses F1 style air flow vents to move and adapt lamellas positioned within the lower part of the front bumper to ensure efficient cooling and performance at different speeds.
- AMG specific radiator grille
- AMG brake calipers with red AMG lettering, AMG high perf composite brakes, 390x36 front, 360x26 rear
- Parktronic system (PTS) with reversing camera and directional guidance
- 19"/20" AMG alloy wheels
- AMG Speedshift DCT 7 speed sports transmission, this has 5 modes on the GT C rather than 3 on the lower S and GT. The GT C roadster has 'C' comfort, 'S' sport and 'S+' Sport plus, 'RACE' and an 'I' mode which allows you to design your own version of performance via the AMG dynamic controller.
- Cruise control
- Active brake assist, with Hold function, hill start
- Lithium ion battery
- LED high performance headlamps with adaptive highbeam assist
- LED indicators integrated in exterior mirrors and LED tail lamps
- Summer tyres
- Rain sensing windscreen wipers
- V8 BITURBO lettering on both front wings
- Mirror package, Auto dimming rear mirror and drivers door mirror, auto folding exterior mirrors and ground projection of AMG logo at night on opening of door.
- AMG doors sills in brushed stainless steel, with AMG lettering and illuminated at night.
- Burmester surround sound system, 10 high performance speakers, sub woofer in rear, precisely designed for this car to ensure dynamic music reproduction via a 10 channel DSP amp and a total power output of 640 watts.
- Keyless go package, allows the car to be locked, unlocked and started simply by carrying the key. A sensor in the boot allows contactless unlocking of the boot lid.
- Exclusive Nappa leather on the interior upholstery
- AMG sports seats with the very important AIRSCARF
- AMG performance steering wheel, black nappa leather and DINAMICA microfiber 3 spoke design, flat bottom section and grip areas in DINAMICA, silver colored gearshift paddles and 12 o clock marking
- AMG DRIVE UNIT
- AMG emblem embossed in centre armrest
- AMG floor mats
- Heated seats
- Thermotronic automatic climate control
- Wind deflector
- The GT C Roadster also comes with every one of the communication and technology functions provided by Mercedes and accessible via your phone or app.
As said above the spec is beyond the norm. What is special about this actual car is that the previous owner did not stop there and accept the above as enough. He went on to specify and include the following tasteful and purposeful optional upgrades:
- Magnetite Metallic Black - Option code 2183 Cost 945.00
- Driving assistance package - option code 9DP3 Cost 1,695.00 - This includes blind spot assist via visible and audible warnings, Lane Keep Assist which is able to detect the car unintentionally drifting out of lane, then alerts the driver via pulsed vibrations through the steering wheel, Distance Pilot Distronic which includes active brake assist and monitors the gap to the next vehicle providing increasing levels of warning and intervention should that gap narrow dangerously . Great for long journeys or tail back traffic.
- AMG high gloss black trim package - option code OH21 Cost 395.00 - This has changed the interior finish to a high gloss black on the centre console edging, the actual centre console and door arm rest trims.
- AMG Night Package - option code OP60 Cost 795.00 This changed many of the exterior trim finishes to match the interior high gloss finish. The air inlet grille on the front apron, outlet grille on bonnet, outlet grille behind front wings, mirror housings, exhaust tips, fins on front wings, front splitter, rear windows with privacy glass, diffuser trim strip
- AMG 5 twin spoke alloy wheels option code ORXP - Cost 510.00
- Mercedes tracker fitted Cost 1,050.00
The result of all of the above is a brooding V8 roadster, perfectly designed, built and optioned. Nothing suggests more intent and purpose than a Black/Black AMG GT C Roadster. The colour, finish, stance and oh my goodness that engine and exhaust sound make this car special.
The First MOT is not yet due until 2019
The car sits on ***** Tyres all around
The Tyre Sizes are as follows:
Front: 265 x 35 x ZR19 XL
Rear: 305 x 30 x ZR20 XL
The Tyre Depths are as follows:
Front Right: 6mm
Front Left: 6mm
Rear Right: 6mm
Rear Left: 6mm
We have the original Owners Pack containing the Owner Manual, 2 Keys, 2 Fobs and other reference material.
To arrange a viewing, please contact our team on 01772 663 777.
Viewing strictly by appointment.